Armed with a lifelong love of storytelling and the compelling intricacies of language, Casey prides herself in her ability to capture your voice and message. Her English degree, many years of experience, and eye for detail help her create and edit impeccably written content.
Casey spent many years working as a legal and executive assistant, crafting clearly worded memos, reports, and correspondence, before beginning to freelance on the side several years ago. It didn't take long to realize 1) she'd found what she really loved to do and 2) her clients were delighted with both the quality of her work and her unwavering professionalism (it's totally not bragging if it's in the third person).
In 2012, she took the leap to the uncertain world of full-time writing and editing, and has never looked back. Self-employment taxes and paying for her own health insurance are totally worth getting to be her own boss.
Here are some more official-ish credentials:
- BA in English, Regis University, Magna Cum Laude
- Member, ACES (American Copy Editors Society)
- Member, Editorial Freelancers Association
- Member, Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit Honor Society
- Known to occasionally re-read Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style for fun.
- Very familiar with AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, MLA and APA. Easily learns and adapts to new style guides when needed.
- Ongoing professional development courses in copyediting and more.
- Has annoyingly pointed out typos and errors on signs and menus since, like, elementary school.
- Inbound marketing certified through HubSpot Academy.
A Few Testimonials
” I asked Casey to give me an overall review of a book and I was pleasantly stunned by her efforts. She did an outstanding job from detailed edits to high level comments on tone and structure. I especially appreciated her honesty and the extensive feedback she gave me was specific and actionable. I highly recommend Casey for any projects that require high-level professional work. Casey does remarkably strong work and I will use her again.” -Mike M. (CIA), Washington, D.C.
“I was so impressed with Casey’s professionalism and dedication to my project. She was extremely informative and responded to requests in a timely manner. I would highly recommend her!”- Tammy S., Pennsylvania
” Casey provided excellent, detailed and thorough comments and suggestions. Her feedback will be very valuable in helping me with my book-writing project. I highly recommend Casey as an editor.”- Luke R., Virginia
“Really a professional job, Casey! It’s kind of scary finding an editor on the internet, but I had a feeling about you, and I’m so relieved I was right! Great feedback! I will incorporate ALL your suggestions!” – Julie B., Colorado
“Casey edited a couple of my screenplays, and because of her skills and expertise, my work placed in several screenplay competitions. I’m so glad to have someone like her on my side, helping me through all the grammatical errors. Thanks, Casey! You’re the best!”- Suneil S., Detroit, Michigan